This course is designed for those who are required to carry out operations in an environment that places them in a position from which they could fall and become injured. No previous experience of Work at Height is required to attend this course.
A comprehensive course aimed at enabling delegates to recognise the hazards and risks involved in carrying out work at height and also to be able to plan effectively how they will work in order to minimize those risks. The course covers all relevant legal requirements on both employers and employees under the current legislation and also looks at the use of Personal Fall Protection Equipment, Ladders and Steps.
- Falls from height statistics
- Overview of current legislation
- Identifying work at height
- Why falls occur
- Work at height scenarios
- Hierarchy of fall protection/risk assessment
- Selection of equipment
- ABC of Fall Arrest
- Rescue and Suspension Syncope
- Inspection and use of basic PFPE
- Ladders and Steps Awareness
Each candidate will receive a certificate, valid for 2 years.