Anyone in an organisation who assembles, alters, dismantles, moves, inspects and most importantly uses alloy or fibreglass mobile access towers in the workplace. This not only includes construction sites but all workplaces, such as schools, offices and factories both internally and externally.
The aim and objective of our PASMA – For Operatives Course is for each person attending the course to be able to safely, correctly and competently identify, assemble, alter, use, move, inspect and dismantle prefabricated Aluminium and Fibreglass Mobile Access Towers in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, current regulations and accepted approval methods, to have an understanding of current relevant legislation and regulations on Mobile Access Towers.
1 Day – typically 7 to 8 hours.
The PASMA Towers For Operatives Course content includes:
- Introduction to Mobile Access Towers
- Legal Overview – Health & Safety / Work at Height Regulations 2005
- British & European Standards
- Guidance & Information on Tower Components, Inspection & Maintenance
- Tower Assembly & Dismantle (3T Method & Advanced Guardrail)
- Tower Stability & Tying-in
- Hazards when using Mobile Access Towers
- Your responsibilities when using Mobile Access Towers
- Multiple choice question paper
- Practical Assessment
Our PASMA courses require that ALL delegates have the correct PPE available to participate in the practical training and assessment. The following items of PPE and Accessories are required.
- Safety Helmet with Chin Strap
- Hi-Vis Vest
- Safety Footware
Upon successfully passing both the written and practical assessments, each delegate’s details will be entered on to the PASMA central database and a Certificate of Competency and a Photo-ID Card will be issued that is valid for 5 years. All delegates will also receive a copy of the PASMA Course Notes, PASMA Code of Practice and Tower Assembly Instructions.