The Safer handling of People / Manual handling of people course is designed to give employees of any level in the care industry an appreciation of the fundamentals of good moving and manual handling practices. With increasing legislation, employers have a statutory requirement to provide adequate training for their employees under the Manual Handling Regulations 1992. The course covers the Care Quality Commission and Skills for Care requirements.
The duration of this course is ½ day. The timing and duration is flexible to your requirement.
- Overview of Manual Handling regulations
- Risk assessment of clients using Load, Individual, Task and Environment
- Safe moving & transferring techniques (promoting independence and dignity)
- Anatomy and mechanics of the spine
- Condemned lifts and bad practices
- Availability and use of appropriate equipment
An attendance certificate is awarded on completion of the Manual Handling of People course; this is subject to satisfaction of the instructor and the end of course practical assessments.