This qualification will benefit any Health and Social Care Worker, in public or private sectors. It will help staff recognise the causes of harm and understand the significant risks that their actions can have on the Health and Safety of patients/clients and colleagues in their work environment.
The level 2 course is from minimum of 6 hours, but the start time is flexible to suit your requirements.
Successful completion of the training programme and assessment will enable candidates to understand the:
- Health, Safety and Welfare of staff and patients/clients in the health and social care sector.
- Importance of risk assessments in the prevention of accidents and occupational ill-health.
- Relevant legislation relating to good hygiene practice.
- Concepts of hygiene hazards and infection control.
- Importance of good personal hygiene.
- Need for high standards of cleanliness to help prevent infection.
The candidates will receive a CIEH certificate once the candidates are assessed by an examination paper consisting of 30 multiple choice questions to be completed in 1 hour at the end of the course.