This course covers procedures for attending to injuries and illnesses which are more likely to be found in children. It is suitably for all nursery, pre-school and day care centre staff and fulfills the OFSTED requirements.
The course duration is 2 days and times can be suited to your requirements.
- Dealing with incidents safely
- A systematic approach to incident management
- Collapse – causes and treatment
- External and internal bleeding
- Infant, Child and Adult Resuscitation procedures
- Choking Hypothermia/hyperthermia
- Incident management scenarios
- Remote improvised technique
- Illness recognition and management
- Record keeping and action plans.
A Paediatric First Aid certificate is awarded as an attendance certificate; this is subject to completion of the course and satisfaction of the Instructor and the end of course practical assessments. This certificate has a 3 year validity.