For those who will be responsible for First-Aid at Work, as an approved First-Aider. It is important to always have somebody there, who can take immediate First-Aid action.
Three Days and a half day Refresher Course is recommended each year.
- Introduction to First Aid at Work
- Action in an Emergency
- Unconscious Casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- The Respiration/Circulation System
- Circulatory Failure
- Diabetes, Epilepsy
- Dangers of Blood Loss
- Control of Bleeding
- Guidelines to Hepatitis B and AIDS
- Head Injuries
- Diagnosing and Treating Burns, Scalds, Eye Injuries and Poisoning
- Diagnosing and Treating Injuries to Bones and Soft Tissues
- Lifting Methods
- First Aid Kits
- Record Keeping
A Certificate, for the purpose of Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, will be presented to each person on successful completion of this course (includes examination). This course is of standards acceptable to the Health & Safety Executives.